Woocommerce is an extendable and powerful e-Commerce plugin built to sell just about anything. It was developed to be integrated with WordPress seamlessly while giving developers freedom and store owners ultimate control. Boasting endless flexibility and access to the thousands of free and premium WordPress addons, this is one of the best ecommerce systems available. It’s estimated that over 30% of all e-commerce web stores are run on Woocommerce, much more than the other platforms like Magento.
Why to consider using it?
There are plenty of reasons for shop owners across the globe to make use of this platform. While there are alternatives they are often crammed with unnecessary features that make them difficult to use. They can also be expensive to run, develop on and lack flexibility. Woocommerce is ideal from the bottom up. It can be used to run small shopping cart websites up to full blow ecommerce sites with thousands of products. It’s filled with features and has plenty of addons to extend it further. It is beyond doubt that Woocommerce is the most powerful shopping tool available for WordPress.
Features perfect for those smaller businesses
- Selling anywhere, anything: With this platform, it becomes much easier to sell both digital and physical items of all sizes and shapes, provide shoppers with multiple configurations, product variations as well as instant downloads. Even affiliate goods can be sold from the online marketplaces. Using premium extensions, it is possible to render bookings, recurring subscriptions and memberships.
- Extensive options for payments: This platform is allows the shop to accept all major credit cards, bank transfers (BACS), COD (Cash on Delivery) and PayPal. It also integrates with region specific gateways numbering more than 140, including well-known choices such as Amazon Payments, Authorize.Net and Stripe.
- Shipping wherever desired: It offers flat rate shipping, free shipping and even real time calculations. Shipments can be limited to specific countries or to open the store to the whole world. Drop shopping is supported by this platform, while shipping is very much configurable.
- Controlling it: What is good about this platform is that it offers full control of the store, right from stock levels to taxes and customer accounts – all from the WordPress dashboard.
- Created with developers in mind: This platform is adaptable, open source and extendable. It has been created with developers in mind. It has a robust and strong framework which allows a store to scale up from a small to a large store with ease.
- Extendable: Boasting over 300 extensions, the store owner can expand the store as their business grows to integrate further functions that may be needed.
These are just some of the many reasons to use Woocommerce for your ecommerce shop. If you run an online shop, or want to create one that is easy to manage you should get in touch.